Thursday, June 10, 2010

New hair. Not bad.

There's nothing like a fresh haircut to make a gal feel reborn. I'm not a particularly stylish person and in my adulthood, my hair has become an accessory for me.
Right after college, I got my hair completely chopped off and it was very well received by friends and strangers alike. Granted, it took a few cuts to get the right look, but when I did, it was awesome. I'm a sucker for a compliment - especially about my appearance.

Then I did the terribly predictable thing and grew my hair long when I was dating my husband (even though we met & fell in love when it was short). It was at it's longest when we got married, and like a complete bonehead, I wore it up in curls instead of down & flowy - don't even get me started on my wedding hair regret. Boo hoo.
Anyway, I have cut it short a couple of times since then. For some reason, though (fear of "mom hair"?) I seem to always get the itch to let it grow out, which is a major pain because the in-between stages are not cute. I'm certain that I'll look back at my hair during my pregnancy with Lilah and say "what was I thinking?" but whatever.
It was finally long enough to let my stylist cut it into some sort of cute look and so he did. It's basically long bangs and lots of long layers around the back.

I like it.
(even though my expression doesn't show it. Smiling in self-portraits is weird)

Of course, I'll probably never spend the amount of time he did with product (thickening spray) and equipment (diffuser, boar-bristle round brush) to make it look like this, but he promised that it is an "easy" style for me to do myself that can be done a couple of different ways, and I believe him. If I have trouble, I'll go back to him and have him give me a tutorial.


So - I resisted the temptation to chop it all off (this time). I'm really glad that I know I can do the super short hair thing, because I know I will again at some point. Who says "mom hair" can't be cute?

5 comments:

Ailene C said...

Not bad?! Try SUPER HOT!

Anonymous said...

Super cute.

Yeah, I have a LOT of "wedding regret". If I ever do it again, I have a WHOLE list of things I'll do different.

blackfoot said...

I.
Like.
It.

Nay-Nay said...

I love it!! So cute!!

Mother Superior said...

so pretty!! and i like the hair too :-)