Friday, April 3, 2009

Our new neighbors are not cute. (aka: I'm Getting Old)

It seems that we got some new neighbors. They must have moved in sometime during the 2 weeks while we were house-sitting at my folks' place.
It doesn't bode well that our first experience of them was a bunch of noise at 12:40 AM (shouting, laughing, car doors, music, more laughing and revving engines). Did I mention this was a Wednesday?
The next day, I watched as one of them backed his car into another car in our complex and drove away as if it hadn't happened. Now, I'll admit that I am predisposed to be wary of young men in these cars, purely a reaction to the very dark marketing strategy a couple of years back. "Little Deviants"? Seriously? That's a demographic for selling cars?
I digress.
Today I was treated to them pulling in at 4:00 in the afternoon, windows down, speakers distorting and bass thumping - singing along (loudly and oh, so poorly) to the last 60 seconds or so of one of my favorite (if sorely overplayed) songs. On a side note, it's quite possible that Andrew will be glad to hear that this episode may have ruined my attachment to it.
Anyway, I went over to introduce myself and have a very brief and polite "hey could ya try to remember to keep it down when you're the in the driveway of this complex because it's really echo-y and all of our windows including my one-year-old's face out?" KTHXBYE.

I have a feeling I'll be writing about these guys again. Soon.

5 comments:

blackfoot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blackfoot said...

apt living is overrated.

YF said...

i had a friend who's neighbors played the same song every night at 2 am for a very long time - and over and over again. i am trying to remember it, it was a horrid song to begin with and i think it seriously drove him mad. as a joke i called and played the song on his machine and then hung up. i fully expected that he would no it was me playing a joke. A few weeks later when I mentioned it, he was shocked and expressed how distraught he had been over the whole message. ha ha ! when i remember the song, i will have to tell you. i have some neighbors i have pissed off but those are not stories that i will be sharing here.

Bettina Fernandez said...

Well, let me share my story of our former apt neighbors. For weeks we heard them have sex every. single. night (their bedroom was exactly above ours...)! I kid you not. Sure enough, she got pregnant and then we heard her barf every. single. night. from about midnight till about 4am... So now, I'm asking you which one would you rather?? Haha, but seriously, there something everywhere you live. It doesn't matter whether it's an appartment or you own a house...
So far, we've been lucky here, knock on wood!

Joanne Audelle said...

house, house, house!