Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Feeling the love from the USPS*...(not)

I love mail.
I love to give and receive. Especially birthday missives.
Today, I tripped happily down to the mailbox with Sadie after her nap,
anticipating a couple of belated birthday cards.

(deleted pic of mangled piece of envelope with my address on it - no card)

Just the mangled top half of the envelope
that my friend Holly sent my birthday card in.
No chance of ever seeing which
perfectly appropriate (clever or corny)
bee-themed greeting she found for me this year.
No hope of recovering the undoubtedly funny, sweet and
heartfelt words that were in it.

I guess I'll just have to call her and test her memory.


*I will say that in my 20+ years of written correspondence, I've never had an experience like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I've gotten those. Flingin' post office. Ugh. Don't get me started!

Bettina Fernandez said...

Oops! Wow, that's talented... just worried about your full address showing here...might want to white out some of it? Maybe I'm too paranoid?