Wednesday, May 20, 2009

from the mouths of babes...

Eating one of her favorite things.

Being adorably snuggly with Grandma

Watching Sesame Street.

Here are some of the things Sadie has said lately that I find particularly worthy of being remembered:

"We're a family." during a recent group cuddle with mommy and daddy.
"Can you stand up, mama?" when I sat down on the couch while rocking her to Brahms' lullaby the other night. (she's getting heavy!)
"Ready?" when we're playing catch/roll with a ball.
"I like broccoli. I like waffles. I like ______." as she's eating said item.
"Coooookiee Monnnnsterrrr!" in her version of his voice.
"
Sure, absolutely." repeating me when I promise we'll go to the park again soon.
"Watch Sesame Street right now? Little bit?" sweetly asking to watch.
"I fink so." when she thinks so.
"I'm funny! I'm funny! I'm funnnnnnny!" talking to Aunt Joanne on the phone.
and this morning:
"Let's go in the kitchen and have some cow's milk. Right now. Okay."

In the interest of full disclosure, I feel I must admit that the phrase that prompted this post was not my favorite. She's been getting really silly lately and seems to like experimenting with alliteration. (how's that for a parental twist to explain obnoxious behavior?) She somehow came up with "peanut butter poo poo" and was repeating it ad nauseam for a few days. It was driving me a little crazy and challenging my "just ignore it" skills big time.

There are so many more things she says that amuse and astound us. It's beyond fun to be her parent right now. These are just a few examples of why I'm so glad I get to be a stay at home mama.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Janine,
Thank you for sharing and bringing back the memories for me from when Fiona and Olivia were at that precious age. It keeps getting better.
xoxo,carrie

Anonymous said...

Big E says "I fink..." too. I think it's adorable. It makes me so sad he'll grow out of it. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

ICLW is "international comment leaving week", this one lady blogger started it and it's kind of grown. I found out about it last month, it's fun. I have a button on my side bar for it.

And Friends is my favorite! For the past five years or so, I usually go to bed watching an episode. I own every season, I'm currently on season 4 (again). :P

Melissa said...

I have to meet her!

We should have a bay area get together one of these days when Nicole gets back from her trip. xo