Saturday, May 14, 2011

time for tea

Sadie's preschool had a tea party last week. It was pretty cute.
The kids got dressed up, served us cookies and a beverage of our choice (tea, coffee or fruit punch, naturally) and then sang a few songs for the dads wielding video cameras and the moms clutching kleenex.

She was certainly excited and proud to have both of her parents there, which is the whole point, I'd say.

I can't believe her first year of preschool is almost over. She has had a wonderful time - she seriously never looked back. Never had an "I don't feel like going today" morning. Never lingered at the doorway, never had trouble releasing her fingers from mine. Never needed an extra hug. Most mornings, I'd look up after signing her in and find that she was already fully immersed in whatever activity she decided to start her day with. I'd have to call her name several times to get her attention, get the hug I needed, and do our "I love you"sign to each other.

I'm glad she's doing another year starting in the Fall. She will love it again, I'm sure. I am definitely beginning to sweat the elementary school decision, though. Maybe I'll share that borderline psychotic angst in another post sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the most adorable family ever. And I've decided that school decisions can't really be THAT important. Can they?

Janine Evans said...

@ lifeversiontwo - you're sweet. I have been so determined not to get all freaked out about parenting stuff, but for some reason the school decision is getting to me. :(