Saturday, December 15, 2012

I can't even...


When our clock radio went off this morning I heard President Obama's speech from yesterday being replayed.  "...beautiful little children...  they had their entire lives ahead of them...Our hearts are broken."

So it wasn't an nightmare after all.  At least not literally, but a nightmare still.

I have no idea what time I fell asleep last night.  I laid there for what seemed like hours, alternating between trying to meditate and send my healing spirit of love to the shattered souls in Connecticut and trailing into dark, frightening thoughts and images of how this nightmare played out for those terrified little ones and their teachers, principal and school psychologist.  

I know the internet is lighting up with people raging on about gun rights, gun laws and gun violence but it all seems hollow and worthless to me.  There are numbers and statistics being bandied about as proof or explanations for why limiting access to firearms will or won't make a difference as far as preventing these types of horrific events.

I don't want to hear the rhetoric.  I simply don't want to hear it.

I have opinions about it, sure.  But all I want is for this to have not happened.  I want those children not to have seen and heard what they did.  I want the parents to have their babies back in their arms.  I want those teachers at home with their loved ones, enjoying the start of their hard earned holiday break. 

I am completely heartsick and I just can't begin to process this.  I keep shaking my head and choking back my tears.

Why?

Why, why, why?

Hallelujah.



We have got to own up to the reality that our society is severely wounded, if not already broken.  We have got to figure out how to love and care for one another - one and all.

If 20 beautiful, innocent little children being gunned down in their classrooms isn't going to serve as our wake up call, what ever will?

What ever will?