Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened During Our First Family Movie Night

Well, I guess that may depend on what you consider "funny"...

I'll cut right to it:  Andrew knocked Sadie's 2 front teeth out!

Yup.  He had just gotten home to find his girls all jammied up and cozy on the couch watching Mulan.  He joined us there with a fresh bowl of popcorn and as he was handing it to Sadie, she leaned forward and *bam*!  The edge of the bowl cracked her square in the teeth.   They were already a little loose; one was probably due to come out in a week or so, but yikes.   I'm sure it hurt and it really didn't look good - they were knocked inward/sideways and were all bloody.
We hurried to get her cleaned up but I made a couple of big mistakes (I'm the first to admit that I'm not great in a crisis - I tend to panic and really don't keep my cool very well).  First, I let her look at herself in the mirror.  Note to self: minor trauma + a visual = major drama.   She kept wanting to look again but would dissolve into tears all over again each time.  Mistake # 2 was that I didn't plug the sink in time, so one of them dropped out and we lost it down the drain. Once we got the bleeding stopped, she was actually very brave and pulled the other one out herself.

I can't say that she was happy about it, though.  The bloody, gaping holes in her mouth was not a sight for which she was prepared.  I am That Mom, so I did take pictures for posterity.




 (Andrew felt terrible, of course)

Here's a scary close up with flash:


So, that's what's new in our world.  
This was my sweet girl's smile as we left for school on Thursday morning:


and here she is today:
 

I have to admit, her lisp is pretty cute, so I'll have to get her sthpeaking on video as well. 


No comments: