Friday, March 18, 2011

FRIDAY, MARCH 17, 2011 - a wee bit o' fun


Saint Patrick's Day
I've been feeling rather gloomy lately. Between the utter devastation and ongoing crisis in Japan, the murderous wrath of Qaddafi in Libya, and my grandmother's stroke 11 days ago, I just feel like I'm in a bit of a tailspin of negative emotions.

While my girls are allowed to be blissfully unaware of the tragedies in the world, I'm having a hard time falling asleep at night - much like I did for many weeks after 9/11.

I allowed Sadie to watch a bit of CNN with me last Friday and I think I said "Oh my God" about 10 times in ninety seconds as the images and footage of the earthquake and tsunami flashed on our T.V. screen - so much for keeping that phrase out of her vocab. I did my best to explain what had happened there, and her eyes widened as she gasped, "oh no! we have to save the world!" If only, kiddo.

Luckily I don't have to look far to find a little bit of joy.

This morning it came in the form of a mischievous leprechaun who turned Sadie's eggs and Lilah's yogurt green. When we arrived at preschool, we were informed that some leprechauns had gotten into their paint and scampered about!

then there were Irish dancers to watch, which Lilah loved:
my little lucky charms:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your children are adorable. You have the stroller that I was desperate to buy but couldn't get my hands on, and rainbow baby legs make EVERYTHING BETTER.

I have avoided all coverage of Japan. I can't watch devastation. It feels too voyeuristic to me lately. My heart goes out with so much hope and love to Japan. And I wish is was enough. I wish it was anything.