Saturday, April 24, 2010

Life is *so* good.

Here I sit, on the eve of my 35th birthday, and I can't help but reflect and take stock on my good, good, life.

Two beautiful daughters.
A loving, supportive and appreciative husband.
Family calling and coming over to spend time with us.
Friends bringing us dinner.
Friends visiting to ooh and aah over our wee one.
Sweet little packages arriving in the mail from far and wide.
Hand written cards with lovely, joyful messages to our little family.

Big Sister Sadie is taking beyond beautifully to her new role.
Little Lilah is sleeping 4+ hour stretches at 2 weeks old.
Dishes are getting done, laundry hasn't piled up too badly yet.

Sure, I'm a little tired but oh, so full. So full of love energy.

Today I took time for chalk drawings and reading insect books with Sadie while Lilah snoozed.

Our days creep by; sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. I am loving the opportunity to just soak it in and spend my time doing nothing but caring for my family.

I gaze adoringly at Sadie while she stands on her stool to talk to Lilah as she lies on her changing table. I watch with intense pride as she kisses her brow and talks sweetly to her sister - using a new, high pitched but very soft voice. I share her amusement as she tells me what Lilah is doing or thinking at any given moment.

I smile reflexively when my milk drunk babe's mouth twitches into an involuntary but deliciously organic smile. She is happy. She is basking in this new world, this new experience; this warmth of love we give her unconditionally. It is feeding her little soul and keeping her at peace. I can feel it; her 8.5 pound body "heavy"in my arms.

Oh, life is just *so* good.

4 comments:

Ailene C said...

Oh, Janine, what a beautiful post! I am so happy to hear that you are finding such happiness. Congrats, my friend...

Anonymous said...

ack! I totally missed the previous post and I'd been stalking my RSS feed to see it!!!!!!!!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

YF said...

totally beautiful post... so happy for you... congratulations a million times over. xoxox C

Melissa said...

happy belated!! life sounds pretty good . . . xoxo