Monday, September 29, 2008

Must. Do. More. Of. This.




This past Saturday, Andrew suggested we all go to the beach. I was floored and totally thrilled. We've been saying for months now that we need to hit the beach with Sadie, and this impromptu suggestion was perfect!
Here's a short video of her first real experience in sand.

Instead of being slaves to her nap, we put her in the car and hoped she'd sleep on the way to Pescadero. That only worked until we got on the windy part of Highway 84. She was pretty annoyed at being tossed back and forth for 20 miles. Lunch in Pescadero made us all feel better and then we headed out to San Gregorio State Beach. It was overcast but quite warm, so we played in the sand and let the waves lap our feet and ankles. Sadie loved it and I took a ton of photos. This is my favorite:


It was deeply satisfying to sit by the ocean and watch them together. I breathed deeply, gazed at the ocean and my family and spoke my silent thanks to the universe. I could go on and on, but I'll just say that it was awesome to see Andrew playing with her and enjoying her wonderment of the sand and sea. He was all smiles and said more than once that we need to do stuff like this more often.
Check.

1 comment:

YF said...

so adorable. glad you guys got to go. and all the pictures are adorable.